What’s better than a rich, creamy chocolate mousse?
One topped with even more chocolate!
On today’s episode of Plated, I have my friend, Pastor Ed Anderson, with me as we whip up one of my favorite treats. See ingredients below for how I put a fun spin on this classic dessert and catch Episode 3 of Plated on-demand – right now – only on AWKNG TV.
The ingredients you’ll need for chocolate mousse
5 oz Dark Chocolate
1 tsp Salt
2 cups Cream
½ cup Sugar
4 Egg Yolk (each)
How to whip up rich and creamy chocolate mousse
1. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave in short spurts just until melted. Reserve.
2. Add eggs and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Begin to whisk on medium speed.
3. As the eggs are whisking, combine sugar and water in a small sauce pot and heat to soft ball stage or 238 degrees F.
4. Pour hot sugar syrup into whipping eggs.
5. Continue to whisk over high speed until mixture is very pale yellow and has a light and fluffy in texture.
6. Fold melted chocolate into the egg mixture in two to three additions and gently fold just until everything is combined. Reserve.
7. No need to clean the mixing bowl for the next step. Add heavy cream to the mixing bowl and whisk over medium to medium-high until medium peaks.
8. In two to three additions, fold whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Be very gentle during this process to be sure not to deflate the mousse.
9. Serve in pretty, little dishes topped with chantilly and chocolate dipped garnishes!
Here’s how to make the perfect whip cream topping:
Chantilly cream topping
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 tbls Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
1. Combine all ingredients and whip it real good! Or until you reach stiff peaks.
For any questions, feel free to find me on Instagram – @Thebakerreed!
Learn more sweet recipes you can take on in your own kitchen by streaming Plated on AWKNG TV! Start your FREE 7-day trial today!