Looking for the perfect sweet treat to bake for your school fundraiser, church bake sale, or charity event?
Raising money for a good cause has never been sweeter.
On the newest episode of Plated, I taught my friend, Marie Hodges, and her daughter, Ella, how to make the perfect sweet treats for a bake sale!
Keep reading all the ingredients and techniques and bake along with us! Catch Episode 7 of Plated on demand – right now – only on AWKNG TV.
Let’s get baking!
Top selling sweet treats
Finally, no more boring bake sale goodies! These are some tested fan-favorites that are sure to bring in the funds.
Here is what you will need
FRUITY CEREAL BARS
10 cups Fruity Cereal
1 (12 oz) bag
2 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Salt
1 each lemon/orange zest
2 Tlbs Flax Seed
1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Canola Oil
1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Strong Coffee
1 cup AP Flour
1 tsp Kosher Salt
2 cups Chocolate Chips of choice (v)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1 jar Cookie Butter
8 oz Butter
290 g Dark Brown Sugar
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 each Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
290 g AP Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
275 g Oats
1 tsp Salt
Cereal is not just for breakfast
Fruity Cereal Bars Technique
- First, place butter and marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl, then microwave until melted.
- Add salt, citrus zest, and fruity cereal.
- Then, stir to combine. After that, pour into greased pan
- Let cool at room temperature until set, then cut into squares.
- Finally, package using lollypop sticks and ribbons to be extra eye catching.
Note: the salt and citrus zest are what will take this humble cereal treat to the next level!
If you’re more of a chocolate person
Here’s how to make brownies you would never guess are vegan
Guess what?! Cookie butter is VEGAN, can you believe it? It’s not gluten free, but you can omit and sub cup for cup of GF flour.
First, let’s make a flax egg.
Sounds unappetizing, but it’s a simple egg substitute for anyone with egg allergies and has a lot of health benefits.
- To start, mix flax seed meal with hot coffee-let it set up until texture of an egg.
- Melt chocolate (1) and whisk in flax egg, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder, then fold into sugar mixture just until combined.
- Next, fold in extra chocolate chips.
- Then, pour batter into parchment lined baking pan. Swirl in cookie butter. Use toothpick technique.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Don’t forget, test “doneness” with toothpick.
- Next, allow to cool completely. Set up in fridge or freezer then trim edges in freezer
- Lastly, sprinkle with maldon.
You can’t go wrong with a classic Oatmeal Cream Pie
Here’s how to make some from scratch
- First, cream butter method, in bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine sugar and butter.
- Then, emulsify egg.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix just until combined.
- Next, roll dough out between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Freeze, then cut out with round cutter.
- Finally, bake at 350 degrees until set. Cool completely then fill with cream cheese frosting and cranberry compote surprise.
As always, for any questions, feel free to find me on Instagram – @Thebakerreed!
Learn more sweet recipes you can take on in your own kitchen by streaming Plated on AWKNG TV! Start your FREE 7-day trial today!